Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Playing with my Pattern




 I have been playing around with my Bling Ring pattern.  I love the ring as it is, but wondered if I could dress it up more.  I took several 18 mm rivolis and using the pattern bezelled around them.  Then I  matched different  beads and embellished to make each rivoli  bezel different.  I wanted to show several options of how to adapt a simple pattern to make something more unique.
It is very easy to make the ring pattern into a pendant.  You just change the peyote ring strip to a smaller strip and attach on the same side as the start.  If you look below, you can see all the embellishments I added to make the pattern into unique designs.  I especially like it when students take my patterns and change them up to make something unique to themselves.



To make this pendant, I used peyote stitch and added Czech rondelles to make the sweet dangles.  I added a tiny bit of silver with 15/0 seed bead embellishment between the dangles and on the edge of the bail.


On this pendant adaptation, I used 15/0 seed beads, copper metal bugles in two sizes, and crystal rounds to make the triangle shaped dangles. 
This is a ring awaiting the new owner's finger size.  For this adaptation, I used 15/0 seed beads to make a wrapped around look.  It is very substantial and bold looking!! 

This pendant adaptation represents the Caribbean summer.  A golden warm sun shining down on the beautiful blue crystal waters.  I used two sizes and colors of crystal bicones to represent the cool water and golden seed beads to complement the warm sun. I used a picoted row of charlottes as my top row, followed by a row of 3mm crystal bicones, and lastly a row of 4mm crystal bicones with a 2AB coating for extra bling!!
This ring is a more formal adaptation.  I used golden 15/0 seed beads to picot around the bezel to add an elegant element to this emerald green ring.
I was going for a fun and funky look on this ring adaptation.  I used cube beads to achieve this look.
I made a very delicate looking flower by using 15/0 seed beads to picot around then adding a second row of picots behind this row.  In the second row, I used 15/0 seed beads and daggers.  The daggers look just enough petalishness (my new word) to make a flower.
This is another ring adaptation.  On this ring, I used gemstones strung between six 15/0 seed beads as dangles all around.  This ring will be fun to wear with all its movement!
Last, but not least is my favorite adaptation.  This ring embellishment takes the longest amount of time when compared with the others, but it is well worth the time.  You get a very bushy ring with oodles of shake and movement.  Everyone notices this ring immediately!!  To accomplish this look, I used coraling technique using seven initial delicas and then adding two branches.  The tips are 15/0 seed beads.

If you would like to try any of these embellishment techniques on my Bling Ring pattern, you can find the instructions for the basic Bling Ring on my Etsy site.  Enjoy!!!

3 comments: