Friday, July 20, 2018

Bead and Button Show Master Class

I participated in a Master class at the 2018 Bead and Button Show and my experience was great!!!  The class I took was Cynthia Rutledge's Beadwork & Metal: Meet in the Middle!  In the class students chose patina'd copper sheets to use in making boxes!  The boxes are reminiscent of snuff boxes used in 1700-1800s which could be very decorative. To make these boxes students used their beading skills to bezel and connect the copper together to form box shapes.  While doing this adornments were "bezeled" and attached as well.  Below are two of my boxes and I plan on making a third when time permits...


















If you get a chance, take this class!!  I learned so much!!!
Thank you, Cynthia Rutledge!!!
Happy beading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment